Sunday, April 29, 2012

Stalking With Swords


My trio of Witchling Stalkers. I could fake it with the Exorcist, but the Ortega theme kinda falls apart with these. I suppose the Guild sent a shipment over to the Ortega Ranch to assist with that tricky Neverborn Magic. Anyway, I picked them up because they're cheap and good in melee, both of which are traits my Ortegas lacked. Their melee aspect fell short of expectations, but I've found that they're a good overall package. They do way less damage than Francisco, but are much more likely to at least do something.

Aside from a one colour basecoat across the whole model, these three were painted entirely with washes. It's something I've wanted to do for a while, and the Witchlings made for a good opportunity, what with the many folds in their clothing. As I had hoped, it was pretty easy to do, was quick (aside from the drying times for all the washes), and produced decent results. I feel that this style only works on certain kinds of models though, so I don't know how often I'll be doing it.

Regarding the image, as I had feared, it was difficult to get a good shot of three models at once. The edges of the photo are clearly blurrier than the middle. I'm concerned about taking group shots in the future, especially regarding colour balance since it's pretty rare that every model has the exact same colours, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment