Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Operation Teutonic Knight - Part 2

I've started a bunch of hobby related stuff in the last few weeks, but until now I didn't get even one to any level of completion. I mostly blame the Canadian winter for this; the many complications it brings have been sapping the little energy I have. I've scheduled things in now, so I should be making pretty solid progress on my hobby activities during the next few weeks.

To start things off, I've done my conversion on the Teutonic Knights. By "done", I mean that the physical conversion is completed. They aren't painted, but that's sort of on my list of things to do, so I do plan on painting them up and posting pictures sooner or later. Also, apologies for the blurry photos. I'm still trying to figure this stuff out.

PanO Teutonic Knight armed with Spitfire
It's essentially arm swaps/repositioning, which is pretty basic stuff, but it took me a good solid chunk of time anyway because none of the arms would attach the way I've put them without cutting, drilling, and very careful Green Stuff work. I also got a sore back because the desk I was working on is too low. I definitely need to fix that.

PanO Teutonic Knight armed with Combi Rifle and Panzerfaust
The first one, with Spitfire, was relatively easy to do because all I needed to do with GS was fill in gaps and smooth it out so it blended in.

The second, with Combi, was even more trouble than I was afraid it would be. I initially just filled the holes in the chest, only to realize it looked really bad. After examining it to figure out why, I found that the Teutonic chestplate simply doesn't work that way and I would need to match the shape and patterns. I only partially succeeded, but it'll have to do. I had to sculpt on part of the right shoulder as well, where it attaches to the body, because that part simply doesn't exist on the model the way it's normally posed.

Overall, I think they look passable and I'm happy to now have my unique little snowflakes. It'll be a long time before I do something like this again though, because I can't stand using Green Stuff for anything other than gap filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment