Thursday, December 29, 2011

Mexican Cowboys

Two of the very few models I've painted since I pretty much stopped playing Warmachine a year and a half ago: Santiago and Francisco Ortega, from Malifaux's Guild faction.


Santiago was painted quite a while ago, but I just finished Francisco recently. I'm not happy about how I painted a lot of things on both of them, but I've long since learned that if I keep worrying over every detail I'll never actually finish a mini.

Even though I basically forced myself to finish them just so I can have fully painted minis, I'm not terribly disappointed with the overall result. I did have an issue with the matte varnish, especially on Francisco, and that was rage inducing. The bases are pretty ugly as well, but again, the idea was just to get the models done so I can play.

Despite having bought the models back in May, I've barely played any Malifaux. This is partially my fault, for greatly favouring Infinity over Malifaux when I get chances to play, but also just because we don't have much of a scene for it over here in Ottawa. I know that plenty of people have bought Malifaux, because they're selling over at the LGS, but I don't know where any of these people are.

Anyway, I like both these models, including their rules and fluff. Santiago has those dual pistols, and I've seen what he can do when he gets mad. Francisco is a great character and I'm a little disappointed that they chose him to be the Ortega's low cost model, because he's a total badass in the fluff. I haven't had any success with him yet, but I'm sure I'll eventually get him into melee safely.

Next up on the Malifaux painting block is Papa Loco.

No comments:

Post a Comment