Thursday, June 28, 2012

More Minor Updates

I've updated the previously posted scenarios with diagrams depicting where the objectives are placed in relation to the Deployment Zones. Although it was clear in my own head, it was probably not that clear to anyone who wasn't already familiar with what I was talking about.

I randomly came across a tool that's specifically for cutting foamcore, and it's supposedly pretty good at the job. However, it's fairly expensive, doesn't work for other kinds of foam, and I know enough people that seem to cut foamcore just fine without it, so I passed on it. I haven't actually tried cutting any foam since the last time I commented on it. I plan on doing some foam stuff next month, but right now I have other things on my plate.
I recently picked up Krylon Magnetic Spray Paint. Not too long ago, I read about using it in terrain, and a light bulb went off in my head. I felt like it was the missing piece in the jigsaw puzzle. I had actually given up on finding it, as I had checked just about every store in town and nobody had it. I barely even found one place that had cans of brush on magnetic paint, so I caved and picked that up. Predictably, less than 30 minutes after that I found the spray paint.

I found it at Michaels, which is actually a really obvious place. The thing is, I had concluded over a year ago that Michaels was a waste of my time. I hear about a million awesome things that people find at Michaels in the States, but up here in Ottawa I can barely find any useful stuff for wargaming or terrain building, and the few things I do find are always overpriced. The only reason I went to a Michaels this time was because I happened to be in walking distance of one, so I figured "why the hell not". Anyway, I plan on testing it out within a week. I'm really hoping it will be as effective as I think it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment